Monday, August 4, 2014

Stress Less

This past week I was stressed out. 

I have a bad habit of trying to try to figure how to make everything work. I drive myself and my family crazy sometimes. So after getting really tired of going in circles and getting artist block.

I am planning on writing about what I learn here since I know that as an artist (and just as a regular person) there can be stressors like finances, deadlines, balancing time to create, work, purpose, destiny, questions, creative frustration, work, pollution, the earth, world hunger, child abuse, what's the difference between an Ipod, IPhone, and an MP3Player, ...just kidding ...You know what I'm saying.

 This past week I learned..

There is worry and UNhealthy worry.

Bruce Hubbard Phd of Cognitive Health Group states that "Worry is an anxious preoccupation with an anticipated negative event.  Over the course of evolution, worry helped us adapt by directing awareness to true problems that once identified can be effectively addressed. In this way worry is effective in managing challenges of your everyday life" 

and 

UNhealthy worry is when some people 's "...minds become trapped in a endless process of “figuring it out.” They are plagued by thoughts and images of disastrous outcomes that in reality may never come to be. Worriers are particularly challenged by problems that have no clear solution. Instead of accepting and managing these difficult realities, they are viewed as evidence of the futility of even trying to work things out."

So I made  a list of some things I can start doing to help me give my mind a break and also the time to enjoy my life more.

1. Schedule 1 short (10 minute) pleasant activity everyday
2. List 3 things I am grateful for every night.
3. Remind myself every day
  • Not to be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34
  • Trust the Lord completely, and don’t depend on my own knowledge. With every step I take, think about what He wants, and He'll help me go the right way.  Proverbs 3:5-6
4. Take time to be mindful (be in the moment and breathe)
5. When I start trying to solve something in my mind, Ask myself, "Can  I really solve this problem      right this second?
6. DeReflection- Focus on helping someone else.



  What are some healthy things you do to not get stuck in a 

loop of stressing?





No comments:

Post a Comment